It was highly requested from a few of my fellow readers/commenters that I provide episodic commentary of Perhaps Love. I thought it wasn’t a bad idea, since I didn’t mind re-watching the episodes again. It’s just that I haven’t had the time to re-watch the show… until now that is. So here we go!
In the very first episode, all the participants met each other for the first time and through different activities, got to know each other better before everyone got paired off. In case you didn’t know besides Liu Yan and Chansung, the other people on the show were Miss A’s Fei, Sun Jian, Sunny Wang and Zhang Li. When I first watched it, I thought it was so fun and different, it felt like a mash-up between the original Korean shows We Got Married, Love Letter and Running Man. Nichkhun also joined as a special guest to support Chansung, which was really funny and cute because he can’t speak Mandarin all that well either. Liu Yan right away was attracted to Chansung hehe! I’m not going to lie, but these were the pairings I liked and wanted to be together after seeing the first episode: Zhang Li and Chansung, Liu Yan and Sun Jian, and Fei and Sunny. This was based purely on their interactions, game pairings and who they were interested in being partnered with on the show. So when we got to episode 2, I was kind of disappointed by the finalized pairings, but I’ll talk a bit more about that in episode 2 comments.
- When Nichkhun came out on the horse and it suddenly stopped and turned back around
- Chansung and Nickhun couldn’t read the names written in Chinese and waited a while before asking the host to help them translate
- The 10 minute date between LY and CS (plus Nichkhun as the “lightbulb“), it was funny and awkward but very entertaining to watch, as they communicated in a mix of English, Korean and Mandarin
- When Chansung danced during the talent portion of the show and his pants ripped. In the back interview he said “When I was dancing I heard a weird noise and then I felt very cool…” LMAOOOO
- Chansung danced a second time with his new pants, lifted his shirt moving towards the 3 girls and they all backed away
- Zhang Li and Chansung’s 10 minute date. If I was to be completely honest I enjoyed their date more than when he was with Liu Yan. They seemed less awkward with each other. I loved how Zhang Li opened up her legs imitating how Chansung ripped his pants and they just laughed about it. Chansung seemed a bit more flirty as well with Zhang Li
As mentioned in the first episode, when I found out from this episode the finalized pairings, I was quite disappointed. I liked Fei and Sunny because they both were quite attracted to each other and had good chemistry. Sun Jian and Liu Yan seemed like a cute bickering couple and finally I really liked Chansung and Zhang Li because they were quite comfortable during their date and they looked really good together. Also, out of all the girls I liked Liu Yan the least from the first episode, but you all know that changed over time as I grew to really like her.
Anyways moving on to the episode. This is CS and LY’s first date together, of course there’s always going to be a bit of awkwardness, but I liked how they tried their best to communicate with each other. I was really surprised by Chansung’s English, of course it isn’t perfect but his vocabulary is quite good. I also loved how he tried to speak in Mandarin whenever he could. I think his Mandarin pronunciation is even better than Nichkhun’s. For their first date, they went to a theme park and afterwards they went on a plane ride prepared by Nichkhun. In the evening, they had dinner eating Hunan cuisine that LY had specifically chose. Even though I was initially disappointed in this pairing but after watching this episode, I thought “Hmm this couple might actually just work out together after all…”
- LY told CS that eating Betel nuts tastes like first love, obviously not the kind of first love CS was thinking of after he tasted it
- CS sang a Chinese song to LY when she requested him to sing to her, it was really good! (I heard the song before but I can’t remember the original singer or song title, anyone know?)
- When CS asked LY for her “computer number” I died laughing because he meant to ask for her phone number. Phone is = dian hua whereas CS said computer = dian nao
- The who-can-eat-the-most-spicy-food-without-drinking-water competition and CS was sweating buckets trying to win
- CS jumped into the pool as punishment, ya’ll noticed he was wearing white right? *winks* Also when they were playing in the pool together it was really cute
Also if you want to read my other previous posts that I’ve written about Chansung and Liu Yan please click here!