There’s a blogging award going around in the blogosphere called The Sunshine Award and I’ve been nominated by Indigo of Between the Wor(L)ds. I’ve only been blogging for less than a year, but I’m really happy to be nominated!! The Sunshine Award is for recognizing bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere. I’m so honored, so THANK YOU Indigo 😀
– Thank the person who nominated you
– Answer the questions from the person who nominated you
– Nominate a few other bloggers
– Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated
– Notify the bloggers on their blog
– Put the award button on your blog
QUESTIONS FROM INDIGO (BETWEEN WOR(L)DS)
1. Kim Woo Bin without his trademark eyebrows or Kim Woo Bin without his deep voice – which version of him would you choose?
Kim Woo Bin is all about his trademark eyebrows! I think a lot of Korean actors have sexy deep voices or just in general really nice manly speaking voices (gosh what do they eat??) so Woo Bin’s eyebrows definitely help him to stand out. For me personally I have a thing for voices, so I’d choose his deep voice over his eyebrows.
2. Choose a K-pop song to describe how you feel about your favourite K-drama actor/K-pop bias. (Feel free to include a line or two from the lyrics to further explain your choice.)
I have so many K-drama actor and K-pop biases so I won’t list them all here. I’m more of a 1st and 2nd generation K-pop fan but it wasn’t till I discovered DBSK/TVXQ that I became a completely crazy K-pop fan. So naturally I chose an old DBSK/TVXQ song 믿어요 (Believe). The lyrics include “I believe in you, I will send all my feelings for you through the way I look at you, do you know how my heart feels?” I love the lyrics and it expresses my feelings towards my biases minus the keeping my feelings hidden. Fan-girls don’t hide their love, it’s in our blood.
3. Pick two drama titles and mash them into one. Briefly explain the premise of this mash-up drama. (e.g. The Heirs From The Stars)
Surplus Princess’s Discovery of Love. This would be the sequel to TVN’s Surplus Princess which ended last week to a WTF?? and extremely rushed ending. In the sequel, Ha Ni has returned and is reunited with Hyun Myung again as a couple. Ha Ni joins the rest of the crew working at JH. Over time, Ha Ni and Hyun Myung’s relationship becomes rocky and she also discovers that Shi Kyung still has feelings for her. In the end, Ha Ni has to choose between her first love or her current love. I know a sequel will never happen because the drama itself was cut down from 14 to 10 episodes (due to low ratings) and the ending left everyone clueless. If I could take matters into my own hands, then this is the kind of sequel I would want, with a more definite ending and answers that the drama did not give us!
4. You’re going to noraebang (karaoke) with your Korean friends. It’s your turn to sing, what song will you pick? (It has to be a Korean song)
I occasionally go to karaoke with my friends and I do sing some Korean songs but the place I go to doesn’t have a huge Korean selection. The usual ones I sing are Se7en’s LaLaLa and Jang Ri In (Zhang Li Yin) and Junsu’s Timeless. However if I could chose any song, I would pick Infinite’s 내꺼하자 (Be Mine). My friend always sings Infinite song’s whenever we do go karaoke and that’s my favorite song. It’s super catchy and fun to sing. I’m not really an Infinite fan but I do know know the ones who act in dramas like L, Hoya and recently Sung Yeol and Woo Hyun in High School: Love On (which is a really cute drama btw!).
5. Pick three Korean male celebrities of your choice….Okay, ready? Now highlight the hidden text in the following brackets:
(Let’s play a round of Kiss, Marry, Kill. Out of these three celebrities, who will you kiss, who will you marry and who will you kill? Let the games begin, muahahahahahaa XD)
Oh my gosh I just died laughing because the order of actors I listed in my head is the exact order of who I would kiss, marry, and kill. My three male Korean celebrities I listed was Park Seo Joon, Yoo Yun Seok and Lee Jong Suk. I would kiss Park Seo Joon, come on that’s a no brainer. Have you seen the end of episode 2 of Witch’s Romance? I would marry Yoo Yeon Suk, as much as I love my dongsaengs I think in the end I do want an oppa to marry. I’ve been watching Youth Over Flowers a reality show starring 3 of the Reply 1994 boys Baro, Son Ho Joon and my Chilbongie on a trip to Laos. YYS is a very detailed guy and he knows how to take care of others really well, which is shown throughout their trip. I’m not a detailed person, so I’d love a guy who knows how to take care of the details and can take the lead. YYS also has a lot of hobbies, the man makes his own furniture and soaps! Dude, a guy who is handy with tools and can help around the house is a major turn on. Plus he doesn’t drink or smoke, which is a really big plus. Now that leaves poor Lee Jong Suk, I adore the boy but out of the 3 he has to be sacrificed (also maybe because Doctor Stranger drove me bonkers and I always had a headache trying to watch it).
6. Which drama do you think would be more interesting to watch if all the leading female characters were male and vice versa?
I thought about this question for a while and then I glanced down to your 7th question. I would say Boys Over Flowers? 4 gorgeous rich girls and a cute, optimistic but poor guy? Hmm that’s something to definitely ponder over. It’s very rare to find many poor guy/rich girl dramas. Frankly I’m tired of the jerky chaebols and the poor girl candy type dramas, so a reversal would definitely be more refreshing.
7. Who do you think was a better boyfriend: Gu Jun Pyo from Boys Over Flowers or Kim Tan from The Heirs? Or rather, who was worse?
It’s been quite a while since I’ve watched Boys Over Flowers so my memory of it isn’t as clear, but I’ve always preferred the second lead character Ji Hoo or Hua Ze Lei/Hanazawa Rui/Duanmu Lei from the Taiwan/Japan/China versions (Yes I did watch all 4!!). So I’d pick Kim Tan over Gu Jun Pyo. Kim Tan was very borderline creepy stalkerish but he really loved Eun Sang enough that he would give up everything he had for her (even though he didn’t really need to in the end). Gu Jun Pyo I just remember as someone who had some anger issues and very immature, so Kim Tan wins this round.
8. Finish this sentence: A K-drama is not a K-drama without…
A K-drama is not a K-drama without the infamous piggy back ride! Whether the female lead is drunk, asleep or somehow hurt her foot/leg, be sure our male lead will be there to transport her via his back. This is also the time where the lead guy will complain about how “heavy” or “fat” she is, when she clearly isn’t.
BONUS QUESTION! (You get a cookie if you answer this one)
9. Do you watch The Walking Dead? (I could really use myself a Walking Dead buddy, none of my friends watch the show and I have nobody to share my impressions of the season 5 premiere :P)
I’m so sorry Indigo, I haven’t watched any English or American shows in the longest time, except for the occasional reality/talent show such as The Voice, So You Think You Can Dance, Cake Boss, etc. Do I still get a cookie? 😛
Mimi – The Talking Cupboard
JK and Only – Noonas Over Forks
I also welcome anyone else who would like to answer these questions in the comment section below if you do not have a blog.
1. If you could chose to play any character in a Korean drama, who would it be and why?
2. List your TOP 3 dramas of all time and briefly explain why you love them.
3. Let’s say there’s going to be drama or film made based on your life, which actor would you want to play YOU in the drama/film?
4. Describe the perfect date with your ultimate K-drama actor/K-pop bias (or any celebrity you prefer).
5. You’re the script writer and casting director for a new upcoming drama, who would you cast in your drama (OTP, secondary/supporting actors, etc.) and give a brief synopsis of the what the drama will be about.
6. How has watching Korean dramas and/or listening to K-pop changed your life?
7. Have you ever had second lead syndrome? Who’s your favorite second lead and why? If you could create a spinoff drama based on his character, who would you cast as his leading lady?
8. I have a giant sweet tooth. If you could be any dessert what would it be and why?